New Health and Safety Measures to Expect at Moyo
The Irish government has given the green light for hair salons to reopen on June 29th, and we could not be more excited to be among them! But before we welcome you all back, we would like to provide an update regarding the measures we have taken to ensure a safe reopening for everyone. We will also review changes to the salon experience that our clients should keep in mind as they prepare to book and attend an appointment. Our top priority is making each client feel comfortable during their session, especially those who may feel slightly apprehensive about coming in during these times.
Table of Contents
What has changed around the salon?
Firstly, we are operating at reduced capacity and spacing out appointments in order to avoid overcrowding in the salon and allow for thorough sanitation between each client. In order to accommodate as many of you as possible throughout the day, we are extending our hours. Going forward, we will be open from 8am to 8pm, Monday–Saturday. There will only be two hairdressers in the salon at one time.
Secondly, you will notice that we have done some rearranging. Dispensers with hand sanitizer are now positioned at the entrance and at various points around the salon. We have isolated each styling station by spacing chairs apart and creating cubicles using plexiglass screens. The seats themselves are covered, and these seat covers will be cleaned before and after each guest. In order to keep the air within the salon fresh (and aromatic!), we are using humidifiers with eucalyptus oil, a natural antibiotic. Our decor has also been updated to include several virus-killing houseplants.
Our staff have been trained in sanitization best practices and will be implementing a full routine as follows: Sanitizing of personal spaces and hand washing will take place in between clients, in addition to frequent cleaning of high-contact surfaces in common areas. Gowns will be single-use and will be washed at high temperatures; towels will be disposable. Our hairdressers will be using full PPE, including masks, face shields, disposable aprons and gloves. Until it is no longer necessary to take these precautions, we will be applying a PPE charge of €5 to each appointment. We thank you for your cooperation in helping us maintain a high standard of health and safety!
Your next visit
As you can see, we are doing our utmost to create a clean, orderly and safe salon environment. In order to do that, however, we need your help. We kindly ask that you respect the following procedures:
- Avoid making an appointment and/or reschedule your appointment if:
- You have experienced any cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Have been in contact with anyone with cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Arrive alone for your appointment.
- We recommend bringing your own mask; however, masks will be available for those who have forgotten their own.
- Wait in your car or outside in fresh air if you are early for your appointment. We appreciate your prompt arrival. If you are late, we may have to reschedule.
- We will be using a contactless thermometer to measure your temperature on arrival. If you have arrived by bike, we recommended that you arrive 10 minutes early and wait outside in a shaded area to allow your body temperature to adjust before the measurement.
- Use hand sanitizer or your hands when you arrive at the salon.
- Maintain a distance of two meters from anyone else in the salon.
- Do not touch or shake hands with anyone else in the salon.
- Please bring your bank card or contactless payment as it will be cashless payments only.
Additional changes to the salon experience:
- Water, tea, and coffee will still be available in disposable, compostable cups. Biscuits will not be served at present.
- Please bring your own reading material as the circulation of newspapers or magazines has been suspended.
- Please limit the number of personal items you bring into the salon. Anything brought in will need to be kept with you at all times.
Despite these adjustments, we hope you enjoy your visit to Moyo as much as ever. We would also like to thank everyone who has already helped us adapt to these challenging times by purchasing gift vouchers and products or writing us letters of encouragement. Your support means more than you know.
Hope to see you all soon and stay well!